Sunday 11 May 2008

May 10, 2008: Simon writes home

Something seems to have changed with the Rootsweb GuestBooks, all posts are rejecting. I've logged an error and hope this will be temporary, and that the existing posts wont be lost, as I suspect this is something to do with the integration of Rootsweb into ancestry.com.
Been busy identifying and adding RICHARDSON photos to my database, thanks to Grace's photo album, nothing new online there as yet though.
Have included an 1842 letter home from Taranaki in the original documents subsite. It was written/dictated by Simon ANDREWS to his parents, and included in a book of "Letters From Settlers & Labouring Emigrants, in the New Zealand Company's Settlements of Wellington, Nelson, & New Plymouth" published in 1843. I note that it is now on Google books.
So this means that Simon ANDREWS, my 2greats, is finally online in my web pages, albeit only for his basic info. It's a fact of my life that those of the closest rellies that aren't on the web yet, have a bit too much data available, and I've not spent the time winnowing it down for the web.
The will of Margaret MOSSMAN nee SCOTT has a few more bits transcribed, and behind the scenes a bit more data on some of the people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment