Wednesday 7 September 2011

RICHARDSON twig confirmed

Ralph's facebook activity prompted me to take a look at some of the unconfirmed RICHARDSON descendants in my database which led me to James RICHARDSON, son of Adam & Margaret (CRANSTON) RICHARDSON. For quite some time I'd had him pegged as the unmarried shepherd in Northumberland in 1881, 1891, and the one in 1901 married to a Frances with a dtr Sarah. I'm now happy that he is the right James as in 1911 (at Cornhill on Tweed) he states that he was born Oxnam Row, Roxburghshire, instead of the less informative Scotland or Roxburghshire, Scotland in the other censuses. Bit confused about his wife's surname though. Two ancestry trees have her as Frances/Fanny ANDERSON but I can, as yet, only spot a marriage in the right timeframe (1911 census) to a Frances Louise HODGSON, and also as yet, no obvious marriage of a Frances ANDERSON to a HODGSON to account for that, nor any earlier sightings of a Frances HODGSON of the right age/birthplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment