Sunday 23 October 2011

Once was not enough?

While checking some RUNCIMAN data I'd uploaded to WikiTree I decided to see if could identify the previously unknown to me wife of David Inglis RUNCIMAN, son of Robert Inglis RUNCIMAN.
Bingo, there in 1926 in the England and Wales marriage indexes was a likely looking marriage of a David I RUNCIMAN to an Effie CUMMING.
So I popped that info into my Ancestry tree.
Then up popped one of Ancestry's wonderful hints.
The marriage index entry in 1916 (Dublin South) of a David I RUNCIMAN to - wait for it - an Effie CUMMING!
Another hint popped up with a copy of his death notice, and yes, the David Inglis RUNCIMAN married to an Effie was indeed the son of Robert Inglis RUNCIMAN (died 1941, Herne Bay, Kent).
According to the death notice they had a daughter Margery, who turns out to have been born between these two marriage dates.
Anyone any hints on why the two marriage indexes? One Ireland, the other England, that far apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment